This is highly dependant upon the amount of recipients you are looking to optout if you're managing recipients on an as and when basis..
i.e. A user clicks a link to OPTOUT on your website, your website processes this and triggers an OPTOUT on our platform.
- The best solution for this is to use our HTTP Interfaces to trigger this.
- Have a look at our List Builder interface.
- All web languages include the ability to trigger web requests via cURL or a language specific library.
Or if you are looking to run a periodic batch job you have two options:
- Our SOAP API offers the ability to create, append (not applicable here) and replace contact lists.
- Have a look at our bus_facade_campaign_list reference for details on this specific aspect.
- You want to make sure the list of contacts you are looking to upload contain just email addresses.
- The list MUST be called __OPTOUT__
- If the list exists a validation error will be returned. If this is the case consider setting the UPLOAD TRANSACTION TYPE to REPLACE.
Secondly, you can apply the same principle as the SOAP list upload via the Automated List Upload interface.